QA/QC Welding Inspection
Welding inspector is one of the inspection job within QA/QC department. He is hired to assist day to day quality control (QC) activities that are necessary to ensure that all welded items (start from before, during, and after welding) will meet specified requirements and be fit for their application during their life of service.
In order to make him able to do the job that will satisfy parties involved (fabricator – Client – or might third party), the welding inspector need to have the ability to understand and able to interpret the various QC procedures, familiar with international standards related to welding, having experience or practical ability of visual inspection, and it is a must to have sound knowledge of the welding technology.
This course is mainly intended to promote the knowledge and awareness in the field of welding and inspection. It provide through training and qualification for welding inspection personnel’s including Technicians, Inspectors and Engineers called upon to witness, supervise or conduct visual welding inspection activities. The practical aspects are emphasized by ensuring that theoretical training is complimented with practical sessions concerning the details of welding inspection including butt and fillet welds under the guidance of a qualified Instructor.
Whom Should Attend the Course?
B.Tech Mechanical graduates, Diploma in Mechanical, Degree & Experienced Candidates who needs certification in this field.
- NDT ASNT LEVEL II IN RT/UT/MT/PT
* Radiographic Testing
* Ultrasonic Testing
* Magnetic Particle Testing
* Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Duties Of The Welding Engineer
- Terms & Definitions
- Welding Imperfection
- Metal Properties And Destructive Testing
- Preparation Of Welding Produres WPS/ PQR
- Welders Qualification
- Material Inspection
- International Codes And Standards
- Welding Symbols
- Shielded Method Arc Welding(SMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding(TIG)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding(GMAW)
- Submerged Arc Welding(SAW)
- Non Destructive Examination
- Weld Repairs
- Welding Distortion Control
- Heat Treatment And Stress Relife Of Weld
- Cutting Process
- Welding Safety
- Practical Examination On Pipe And Plate
- Basic Piping Engineering
- Basic Fire And Safety Engineering
- Familirisation with WPS,PQR& WQT
- Preparation of procedures,Documentation,Report making
- Three months
(Covers QC Welding section, NDT LEVEL 1 & 2, Basic Piping Engineering, Welding Engineering)
M-tech/ME, BE/B-tech in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical, Degree etc. Those who are waiting for final semester result as well as those who have to attend supplementary examinations may also apply.
Examinations are CONDUCTED IN OFFLINE METHODS
- Specific examinations
- Case Study
- All General Examination will be Subjective Examinations.
- Specific Examinations are Subjective Exams based on a given reference specific Codes which will be allowed to refer during the examination time.
- Practical Examinations are held in suitable specimens and record in the respective reports.
- Viva is conducted as a part of practical examination.
- Onsite Case study submission is a major part of the examination.
Internationally recognized Certificates of QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER(QC), SIX METHODS IN NDT, WELDING ENGINEERING AND A PIPING ENGINEERING will be awarded to candidates by the authorized certification body ASNT(American Society for Non Destructive Testing) & STED ( Scientific Technical Education Department, Govt Of Kerala).
Graduates may find employment as a QA/QC Inspectors, NDT Co-Ordinators,Welding Supervisors etc
- WELDING THEORY + PRACTICALS
- WELDING INSPECTION THEORY + PRACTICALS
- PRACTICALS + QUESTION/ANSWERS
- MACRO PRACTICALS
- SPECIAL NOTES ON POSSIBLE OUT SIDE QUESTIONS AND SEVERAL MOCK TESTS
Welding inspector is one of the inspection job within QA/QC department