Diploma in QA/ QC Engineering
This training provides a very in-depth knowledge required for engineers in both welding inspection and piping inspection activities. The theoretical and practical sides with industrial visit are the major point of attraction of this course. Students are provided with a certificate that can be embassy attested which enables them to go abroad. After the completion of the course they can enter into various designation such as Quality Control Engineer and Quality Control Inspectors which enables them to build up a lucrative career in the area of Inspection.
Whom Should Attend the Course?
B.Tech Mechanical graduates, Diploma in Mechanical, Degree & Experienced Candidates who needs certification in this field.
Section 1, Piping QC
- Fundamentals of piping
- International codes and standards for piping systems
- Classification of pipe
- Standard weight of piping materials and calculation
- Properties of piping materials
- Piping project design documents
- Drawing symbols
- Piping isometric
- Process flow diagram (PFD)
- Piping instrumentation diagram (P&ID)
- Details of equipment and equipment layout
- Piping arrangement drawing
- Design of power piping (ASME B 31.1)
- Design of process piping (ASME B 31. 3)
- Design of liquid piping (ASME B 31.4)
- Design piping sizing / pressure integrity
- Typical wall thickness calculation for refinery
- Pipe stress analysis & flexibility analysis
- Pump calculations
- Design of pipe support
- Types of valves
- Type of flange and method of connecting flanged joint
- Hydro & Pneumatic testing
- Design Project 01 Per ASME B31. 1
- Design Project 02 Per ASME B31. 3
- Examinations and certificates will issue to successful candidates.
- NDT ASNT LEVEL II
* Radiographic Testing
* Ultrasonic Testing
* Magnetic Particle Testing
* Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Induction to piping systems
- Basics of piping
- Piping components
- Piping drawing,
- Pipeline design and constuction
- Piping codes and standards.(ASME/API/ASTM/AWS)
- Power piping(Asme B 31.1)
- Process piping (Asme B31.3)
- Liquid piping (Asme B 31.4)
- Optional: isei construction Safety course
- GAD (GENERAL ARRANGEMENT OF DRAWING)
- P&ID (PIPING AND INSTRUMENT DIAGRAM)
- EQUIPMENT LAYOUT
- PIPING ISOMETRICS
- FABRICATION DRAWINGS
- PIPING STRUCTURALS
- PIPE SUPPORTS
- PRACTICAL LAB FACILITY (PHOTO)
Section II- welding
- Duties of the welding engineer
- Terms & definitions
- Welding imperfections
- Metal properties and destructive testing
- Preparation of welding procedures wps/ pqr
- Welder s qualification
- Material inspection
- International codes and standards
- Welding symbols
- Shielded method arc welding (SMAW)Gas tungsten arc welding (TIG)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Non destructive examination
- Weld repairs
- Welding distortion control
- Heat treatment and stress relief of weld
- Cutting process
- Welding Safety
- Practical examination on pipe and plate
- Basic Fire And Safety Engineering
- Familirisation with WPS,PQR& WQT
- Preparation of procedures,Documentation &Report making
Covers QC section, NDT LEVEL 1 & 2, Piping Engineering, Welding Engineering)
M-tech/ME, BE/B-tech in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical, Degree etc. Those who are waiting for final semester result as well as those who have to attend supplementary examinations may also apply.
Examinations are CONDUCTED IN OFFLINE METHOD
- Specific examinations
- All General Examination will be Subjective Examinations.
- Specific Examinations are Subjective Exams based on a given reference specific Codes which will be allowed to refer during the examination time.
- Practical Examinations are held in suitable specimens and record in the respective reports.
- Viva is conducted as a part of practical examination
Internationally recognized Certificates of QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER (QC), SIX METHODS IN NDT, WELDING ENGINEERING AND A PIPING ENGINEERING will be awarded to candidates by the authorized certification body ASNT (American Society for Non Destructive Testing) & STED (Scientific Technical Education Department, Govt of Kerala) and a Diploma Certificate which can be Embassy attested from NACELL is also Provided.
Graduates may find employment as a QA/QC Inspectors, NDT Coordinators,Welding Supervisors, Piping QC, Piping Supervisors etc.
- WELDING THEORY + PRACTICALS
- WELDING INSPECTION THEORY + PRACTICALS
- NDT 4 METHODS (RT/UT/MT/PT)
- GENERAL Safety
- PRACTICALS+QUESTION/ANSWERS, MACRO PRACTICALS, SPECIAL NOTES ON POSSIBLE OUT SIDE QUESTIONS AND SEVERAL MOCK TESTS.
This training provides a very in-depth knowledge required for engineers in both welding inspection and piping inspection activities.