HVAC Designing &Drafting
Heating Ventilation and Air-conditioning Designing and Drafting(HVAC)
Introduction to HVAC
• Scope of designing.
• Basics and importance of HVAC.
• Future advancements in HVAC.
• Standards and codes used in HVAC.
• Modes of heat transfer in a building.
• Basic components of air conditioning.
• Types of refrigeration cycles.
• Vapor absorption refrigeration system.
•Vapor compression refrigeration system.
• Study on psychometric charts (manual and software).
• Study on refrigerants.
•Types of refrigerants.
•Evaporating & condensing properties of refrigerants.
• Types of air conditioning systems.
•Window Air Conditioning Systems.
•Split Air Conditioning Systems.
•Ductable split AC.
•Package Air Conditioning Systems.
• Categories of air conditioning.
•Air cooled system of air conditioning.
•Chilled water system of air conditioning.
•Air water system of air conditioning.
•Direct refrigerant system of air conditioning.
• Energy conservation measures.
•District cooling, geothermal, under floor cooling, energy recovery wheel.
HVAC DESIGN CALCULATIONS
• Load calculation using E 20 manual calculation.
• Ventilation, Infiltration load calculations.
• Restaurant and residence kitchen ventilation system design.
• Parking area ventilation and designing.
• Toilet ventilation (Public and residential).
• External static pressure (E.S.P) calculation for selection of motor and fan.
• Pump size and hydraulic head calculation for chilled water in pipe sizing.
• Evaporative Losses calculation in cooling towers.
• Stairwell pressurization system designing.
• Cold storage designing.
• Study on ducts and its types.
• Study on air distribution systems.
• Types of ducts, Duct fittings, Dampers, Types of diffusers, Flexible ducts etc.
• Ducts reducer selection
• Duct gauge selection and number of sheet calculation
• Duct designing methods (manual calculations) using.
• Equal friction method.
• Velocity reduction method.
• Static regain method.
• Pipe sizing methods. ÿ Refrigerant Pipe sizing. ÿ Chilled water pipe sizing.
• Air terminal selection.
• Cold storage Load scheduling.
• Primary and secondary pump selection
• Selection of cooling tower.
• Selection of Chillers.
• AHU and FCU classification and selection.
• Package unit selection DX unit selection
• Selection of De-humidifier.
• Selection of Expansion tank.
ESTIMATION OF PROJECT
• Understanding the tendering requirements.
• BOQ (Bill of quantities).
• SOFTWARE DESIGNING
• Cooling and heating load calculation using Hourly Analysis Program (HAP).
• Calculation of duct size using Mc Quay Duct sizer
• Calculation of pipe diameter using Mc Quay pipe sizer.
• Air terminal selection by using BETA Program.
• Introduction to Drafting using Auto CAD.
• Fundamentals and basics of HVAC
• Symbols and codes used in HVAC designing.
• Types of Drawings used in the industry.
• Study & Preparation of Floor Drawings.
• Chiller scheme drawing.
• Section drawings of projects.
Heating Ventilation and Air-conditioning Designing and Drafting(HVAC) Introduction to HVAC • Scope of designing. • Basics and importance of HVAC. • Future advancements in HVAC. • Standards and codes used in HVAC. • Modes of heat transfer in a building. • Basic components of air conditioning. • Types of refrigeration cycles. • Vapor absorption refrigeration […]