API 570 (Piping Inspector)
This course gives a broad knowledge about “In-Service Piping Systems” and prepares students for the API 570 exam. The course is an intensive one-week course with a special emphasis on the use of the related codes and calculations. This course content includes: Using B31.3 API 570 Piping Calculations, B16.5 & other Section IX Welding Exam.
Whom Should Attend the Course?
Personnel involved in Piping Systems, interacting with Inspectors, Quality Managers, Plant Engineer, Supervisors and other interested persons. Individuals responsible for evaluating the mechanical integrity of in-service Piping systems in process plant applications and Managers responsible for implementing a piping maintenance program and desire an understanding of applicable evaluation procedures. This class is also designed for Personnel involved in interacting with Inspectors, Managers, Supervisors, Maintenance, Operations in Oil field and those taking the API 570 exams.
Required Codes For Exam
- API Standard 570, Piping Inspection Codes
- API 571, Damage Mechanism
- API 574, Inspection Practices for Piping System Components
- API 577, Welding Inspection & Metallurgy
- API 578, Material Verification
ASME B& PV codes:
- Section V, NDT
- Section IX, Welding & Brazing
ASME Codes – B16.5, Pipe Flanges & Flanged fittings & B31.3,Process piping
- Courses Objective
This course is designed to prepare the student for the API 570 Piping Inspector Examination. This course includes instruction in the required codes & standards. The course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to:
- Successfully pass the API 570 piping inspector certification exam
- Effectively use major codes: ASME B16.5 & B31.3;
- ASME B&PV Sections V & IX, Perform all basic piping calculations needed for the API exam (e.g. tmin, test pressure, MAWP, MDMT, corrosion rates, remaining life, etc.)
- Use API’s requirements during inspection, repairs, and alterations of piping.
- Review welding procedures (WPS/PQR) and welder performance qualifications (WPQ).
This course is designed to prepare the student for the API 570 Piping Inspector Examination. This course includes instruction in the required codes & standards.